Friday 17 August 2012

Adventures in Love

Blatant self promotion time!


Death Love Doom is almost the latest adventure from Lamentations of the Flame Princess; I say "almost" because another one was released in the pat few days, but more on that another time. It is a graphic piece of work, with extreme descriptions of brutal violence and I was asked to draw the pictures; it's not the kind of thing I've done before and I don't know if I'd do it again, but it was an interesting experience. I would recommend reading the reviews and this blog post before you buy.

The Complete B/X Adventurer is a different beast. It's a rules supplement for Basic and Expert -- the "B/X" of the title -- Dungeons and Dragons, and a follow-up to The B/X Companion, and contains all sorts of new character classes, spells and other bits and bobs I don't understand as I don't play B/X D&D. I did some art for the latter, so I was happy to be asked back to provide some character drawings for this new volume; my favourite is the Acrobat.

Death Love Doom is available from the Lamentations of the Flame Princess online shop, although it is a limited edition and there are only about eighty copies left, so if you like brutal body horror then hurry! The Complete B/X Adventurer is available from the B/X Blackrazor blog.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't following DLD development, but knowing you did the art intrigues me.

    I think Lars von Trier described his collaboration with Bjork on Dancer in the Dark as a fight to the death between film and music. I expect the Raggi/Green collaboration to follow the same lines.

    Rock out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for these updates -- I didn't know you were doing the DLD art until just now!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.