Friday, 17 August 2012

Adventures in Love

Blatant self promotion time!


Death Love Doom is almost the latest adventure from Lamentations of the Flame Princess; I say "almost" because another one was released in the pat few days, but more on that another time. It is a graphic piece of work, with extreme descriptions of brutal violence and I was asked to draw the pictures; it's not the kind of thing I've done before and I don't know if I'd do it again, but it was an interesting experience. I would recommend reading the reviews and this blog post before you buy.

The Complete B/X Adventurer is a different beast. It's a rules supplement for Basic and Expert -- the "B/X" of the title -- Dungeons and Dragons, and a follow-up to The B/X Companion, and contains all sorts of new character classes, spells and other bits and bobs I don't understand as I don't play B/X D&D. I did some art for the latter, so I was happy to be asked back to provide some character drawings for this new volume; my favourite is the Acrobat.

Death Love Doom is available from the Lamentations of the Flame Princess online shop, although it is a limited edition and there are only about eighty copies left, so if you like brutal body horror then hurry! The Complete B/X Adventurer is available from the B/X Blackrazor blog.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't following DLD development, but knowing you did the art intrigues me.

    I think Lars von Trier described his collaboration with Bjork on Dancer in the Dark as a fight to the death between film and music. I expect the Raggi/Green collaboration to follow the same lines.

    Rock out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for these updates -- I didn't know you were doing the DLD art until just now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post you got here, continue the good work, enjoy reading your thoughts as well as want to adhere to a person for a long time, buy runescape accounts i never thought I would look for a excellent site like this one, numerous websites are so bad that you easy simply waste your time reading them!

    ReplyDelete